THE TOP TEN REALLY FUN THINGS I GOT TO DO THIS WEEK BECAUSE I’M A MISSIONARY IN BURKINA FASO
- I got to hang out with other expatriates who were tourists who had come to see life in Africa and be a translator for them.
- I got to “off-road” in a 4 x 4 truck because I actually needed 4 wheels of traction and the place to which I needed to go didn’t exactly have what most Americans would call a road.
- I got to learn how to make new culinary delights like coffee flavored ice cream.
- I got to write a blog about living in AFRICA.
- I got to play foosball with my family
- I got to learn how to play soccer along with my son, Daniel, from the neighborhood kids, who, because they grow up with soccer being the only real sport, are really really good at it.
- I got to read a bible story in a foreign language to some people who had never heard that story before.
- I got to work out of my home which means that I got to take a break anytime I wanted to play with my kids or give my wife a hug.
- I got to help some people who needed a loan of what to me was a minuscule amount of money ($4), but to them was a lifesaver.
- I got to be sent on a mission from God, for real.
O.k. I know that not all of these fun things are exclusively African missionary things, but the point is that I do live a really blessed life. What are some really fun things that you got to do, because of where God has put you? (And that doesn’t necessarily just mean a physical place that he has put you on this planet) Let me know what you “got to do” this week.